Saturday 9 August 2014

German IX Corps musters for Battle of the Frontiers

Having WWI commemorations in full swing has inspired me to keep at the painting table on the Mons project. Today I finished the first batch of German infantry for IX Corps. Irregular miniatures in 6mm – as per the BEF – with five figures a base (Irregular bases are 3 figures per base).

While the grey uniform certainly differentiates them on the table, I've also changed the basing colour scheme just to make that easy at a glance. I've not found the German infantry as easy to paint as the British troops.

In many of these Irregular sculpts the Pickelhaube is a little indistinct. To try and capture that very early war look, I've gone with painting the regimental number (well, a red dot!) on the Pickelhaube cover in red rather than the green that would be more appropriate for 1915, which I hope to stretch this early war range into.






1 comment:

  1. Awww... nice work... look forward to the AARs of the games :-)

    Kind regards
    Robin

    ReplyDelete